Re: HIG patch for the log out dialog

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 06:09, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	I quite like the style - but there are a number of issues with the
> terminology I think. The dialog has been through a UI review and I'm
> pretty sure the terminology was discussed at the time ...

Yeah, absolutely. Just quick mochup for global (and spacing) appearance
;-)

> 	* You use the term "session" extensively in the dialog. I think the
> current terminology "log out" instead of "end session" and "save current
> setup" instead of "save session" is more clear. I think it would be a
> lot better to avoid requiring every user to understand the concept of a
> "session" ...

True, but I always think "setup" was the chosen logout/halt/reboot
toggle :-( Something like "Remember running applications"?

Did you mean s/OK/Log out ? IMHO it isn't a good idea: yeah, you logout
when reboot/halt too, but I think better use "log out" in toggle and a
different label in confirmation button (different from "OK" too).

> 	* You have a caution at the top - "all unsaved documents will be lost".
> That's unneccessary - most applications should prompt the use to save
> any unsaved docs.

most but not all :-) But probably you are right

> 	* Is "save current setup" a preference really? It doesn't persist ...
> its just an option for that log out.

The first word in my mind to distinguish between "Action" and "Other", sorry.
...mmmhhh "Other" is not so bad.

By!
--
Think bigger