Re: An object Oriented File Manager Design

I liked this. But there's a need to pay attention to keyboard using people. How do you plan to open a context menu or provide multiple selections? (both questions already answered by many file managers now). If this is done, I'd feel like I'm back on Windows 95, whose folder behavior I really liked. Just folders, nothing else, absolutely spartan, quick and easy to use. It's when they started adding toolbars and web views that they fucked it up.

MArk Finlay wrote:

I've been trying to work out in my head how to make a truly simple
object oriented file manager for a while now. And while I am most likely
totally wrong this is what I have come up with:

http://evolvedoo.sourceforge.net/oo-file-manager.html

Thought some people on desktop-devel and nautilus-list might be
interested. If this design is good for nothing else, it might inspire
some intesting discussion.