Re: gnome-common/macros2 cleanup

> I agree you should able to select your autoconf/automake version.
> (Not that it does us any good until someone fixes scrollkeeper/etc.
> rules to pass distcheck with new automake)
>
> > What does everyone else think about this?
>
> I'm inclined to can gnome-common entirely and move gnome-autogen.sh
> somewhere else such as pkgconfig or glib. Really it should just be
> part of "autoreconf" but autoreconf isn't quite right for us.
> (Since the use of glib-gettextize is part of the reason why, perhaps
> glib-reconf is the way)

I've done some digging on this in the past, and basically the only reason
we needed glib-gettextize at all is because it doesn't create the intl/
directory.  IIRC, current gettextize has an option for it, as it should,
and I see no reason to keep glib-gettextize around *at all*.  Auto* stuff
is hard enough as is and doing these sorts of silly hacks makes it even
more confusing.

So if we have another reason for dumping it, let's dump it :)

Thomas

What should I tell her
She's going to ask
If I ignore it it gets uncomfortable
She'll want to argue about the past
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->