Re: Panel configuration

Hello Jan,

> Are you suggesting introducing a dependency from gnome-panel on nautilus?
> I don't even _run_ nautilus on some of my boxes.
> Thanks but no, thanks.

The fact that _you_ choose not to run nautilus is completely irrelevant to
the question of creating a sensible and integrated desktop environment,
for hackers and people who don't know or care what nautilus is alike.

I think the proposed idea sounds sensible, and even if it would create a
dependency, you can still choose not to run nautilus (at least as long as
the two stay separate processes - there's a lot to say in favor of just
integrating the two.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778