RE: Gtk/Gnome release schedules

> We (BT) are currently writing an application for Cisco, and some of the
> issues raised by my own team are greatly to do with the file selection
> dialog.  These include, the look, lack of functionality, and how it is
> completely different to the Window's file selection dialog.
Well hangon. Maybe some rearrangement of the dialog could give people a
new *look* dialog that wouldn't suck so bad while people wait for the
"real" new fs dialog.

It may even be enough to merge the file and directory list boxes into
one.

It should (IMHO) be possible without breaking too much (if anything).
The biggest issue may well be apps that use the list boxes directly. But
they should be rare, surely?

Just a thought...

--
Robert Mibus <mibus bigpond com>