Re: Announcing the GNOME 2.2.0 Desktop and Developer Platform

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 14:47, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > You'll find plenty of information about GNOME 2.2.0 in our extensive release
> > notes, linked from the 2.2 start page. You can also check out our gallery of
> > cool screenshots from dedicated GNOME users and testers!
> >
> >                       http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/
>
> These are the nicest, most interesting, and easy-to read release notes I
> have seen so far!
>
> Best introduction to the best desktop!

People keep thanking the release team for the release notes, but
really... the release notes only rule because there is so much cool
stuff to talk about. A really, really big thanks to all the people who
contributed to all of those things- hacking, bug tracking, doc'ing,
translating, a11y-ing, UI-ing, etc., etc. So, everyone who helped with
all of those things, pat yourself on the back, have a beer or soda as
age appropriate, and get yourself rested and ready to do more for 2.4
[which is going to be a really kick-ass release... even more so than
this one.

Luis
P.S. Businessweek/cnet likes us-
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/cnet/stories/983648.htm

P.P.S.: 1.3 M hits (including thumbnails) in the screenshot directory
yesterday. 2.7M hits in the gnome.org/start/2.2/ dir. Seems like other
people like us too. :)

P.P.S. We'd like to get more organized about thanking people by name,
commit numbers, bug #s, etc., but at some point that is going to mean
someone else is going to have to take over for release team on the
release notes- doing release notes this good pretty much tied up release
team for a week, and that's not a good habit to fall into. So, who is
volunteering? :)