Re: Gnome-Media 2.3 features

I'd like to suggest docklets for gnome-cd and gnome-volume-control
also. Having alsa work with gnome-volume-control without needing the
OSS stuff would be really nice. I'm currently stuck using the crappy
gnome-alsamixer or the console mixer for now, because I can't have any
of the OSS modules installed on my ibook, or I get the feedback problem
randomly. Having gnome-cd have a docklet would be nice, and would help
solve several issues with setting volume on login, and the mixer applet
could be gotten rid of, as the way it behaves is pretty odd anyway.
I'd like to see a docklet that behaves like the windows task tray icon.

xOSD would be a nice thing to have too, for various controls, but that
may belong in a different app/docklet.

It would also be nice to merge the sound capplet into the gstreamer
media capplet and get rid of the "Start Sound Daemon on Login" option
alltogether, and either just always start esd, or switch to MAS and
just always start it, and have it be the default i/o method for
gstreamer and various applications. Using MAS will prevent some things
from working as nicely as they do currently though, like realplayer,
which currently can work with esd.

-- dobey

--
"So I gave up on that, and tried to install gstreamer. Get this. Their
 propose ``solution'' for distributing binaries on Red Hat systems? They