Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget
- From: Ryan Gammon <rgammon real com>
- To: Gnome Multimedia Hackers <gnome-multimedia gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Gstreamer-Devel <gstreamer-devel lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:59:39 -0800
Ronald Bultje wrote:
Fundamental widgets are a window, a button, a label, widgets that
*every* application uses. That's what Gtk+ is supposed to provide. A
media player widget is important in certain (corner?) cases, but nothing
close to fundamental.
It's a catch-22. If media widgets were fundamental, maybe they would be
Multimedia's not just video -- I think SMIL, in particular, could be a
very useful for doing flashy UI across a variety of applications.
The importance of multimedia in GUI's is only going to grow over time,
and it makes sense to have an interface in gtk in which to express this.
rgammon real com
Developer for Helix Player
] [Thread Prev