Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget

I don't think the media player interface has to live in gtk=; IMO gtk+ needs to be lightweight and general. If GNOME needs a media player interface (and I think surely it does), it belongs in another package or layer.

I know we're moving away from the "extra widgets in extra libs" idea, i.e. reducing libgnomeui, but I think this is a much better application for Bonobo. media players often need to live in their own process space for a number of reasons; we have a useful embedding framework and I think we should extend it to do what's needed for media. So I think extending libbonoboui or similar makes more sense here; then the media players don't have to live in the gtk+ process space, and don't even have to be written in C.

regards

Bill