Re: comment about gnome architecture

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 02:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 18:17, Greg Breland wrote:
> > future.  Basically, "Build the infrastructure and the apps will
> > follow".  I would love to see more focus on pure infrastructure.
> Nowadays we seem to treat infrastructure as a means to an end, and the
> results are much better (in fact, even the infrastructure is better).

	This is all true; however - it seems totally clear to me, that unless
we have a shared vision of where we want the infrastructure to go, and a
shared set of requirements - we're going to end up with something that
instead of slowly increasingly in coherents wastefully continues as a
set of disparate, floating, badly coupled pieces.

	So; there is clearly a role for strategy, if not actually working on
infrastructure ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot