Re: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Julien Olivier <julo altern org>
- Cc: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>, John McCutchan <ttb tentacle dhs org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:54:38 +0100
Le mer 10/12/2003 à 10:44, Julien Olivier a écrit :
> > What if the file was read-only? Should it then change to "View"?
> If the file is red-only, all the "edit" actions should be disabled.
> Let's take a simple example: you set EOG as the default "view" handler
> for pictures and GIMP the default "view" handler for pictures. If you
> right-click on a read-only picture, the only action available is "view
> with EOG" and "view with...". If it's not RO, you see "view with EOG",
> "view with...", "edit with GIMP" and "edit with...".
> Is it sane ?
No, you may very well want to open a read-only picture with The Gimp.
I think it's The Gimp's responsibility to handle read-only files
] [Thread Prev