Re: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: John McCutchan <ttb tentacle dhs org>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME
- Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:14:25 +0000
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:56, John McCutchan wrote:
> I'd like to see different verbs which reflect the task I intend to do.
> Like this example a .html file.
> Instead of:
> Open with Mozilla
> Open with Emacs
> It should be:
> View with Mozilla
> Edit with Emacs
I guess the issue is whether that's *too* specific... I could just as
easily be wanting to edit a file in Mozilla, or view it in emacs. "Open"
handily covers both scenarios, without the UI appearing too
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com GNOME Desktop Group
http://ie.sun.com +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev