Re: Evolution Data Server and libsoup

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 10:56, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le lun 08/12/2003 à 04:26, JP Rosevear a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 22:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="JP Rosevear">

> > > Is libsoup in a state now that it can be used elsewhere in the desktop
> > > and/or platform [1] stack?
> >
> > Dan and Joe are the real experts, but basically "yes".  Dan and Joe have
> > spent a bunch of time making it work properly and Rodrigo has added back
> > some basic SOAP stuff.  It uses GNU TLS for ssl stuff and there is no
> > longer an out of proc ssl proxy.
>
> Hmm, it seems it has some duplications with libgnetwork or am I totally
> wrong ?

not exactly. It might have some duplication on the low level stuff
(sockets, uris, dns, etc), but the functionality implemented in libsoup
(HTTP/HTTPS + SOAP) is not in libgnetwork in any form.

> Is there any hope to get all those libs merged in a one-to-rule-them-all
> library ?

That would be the best thing to do. I was thinking that maybe we could
merge libsoup into libgnetwork. Maybe for 2.8, and thus add it as a
platform library?

cheers