RE: proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 18:24, Lucian Gabor wrote:

> With current gnome mime handling there is no such problem.
> I understood that gnome developers need to fix/simplify the way a user
> selects a default application but does this get to a better usability?

No, but the problem with the current gnome mime handling is that its so
complicated that almost nobody (including developers) understand well
how it works or are able to efficiently use it. This is far far worse
than having a few to many items for some file types.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional devious paranormal investigator with a mysterious
suitcase handcuffed to his arm. She's a sharp-shooting bisexual traffic cop
trying to make a difference in a man's world. They fight crime!