Re: gnome-mime-data release

Heya Marco,

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 17:06, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Luis checked in a patch to add epiphany to the mime database, it would

Luis didn't run check-mime properly or he would have seen that he didn't
add epiphany in the right place (it's supposed to be sorted
alphabetically).

> be good if we could have a release of the module for Beta2. (Hadess is
> away, that's why I'm maling here instead of asking him directly).
>
> Also the attached patch actually make epiphany the default handler for
> text/html mime. It use the default_application_id that is not used by
> any other entry and not listed in check-mime.pl (which complains). Is it

Fix the script next time, or file a bug.

> fine to use that key ? I couldnt find any other way to do it, if that
> key doesnt exist gnome-vfs apparently just use the first html handler in
> alphabetical order.

I reverted your patch by accident because check-mime.pl didn't know
about the key. If there's something missing badly in check-mime.pl,
please, file a bug. And I would also have appreciated to be copied on
this mail, or a bug to be filed against gnome-mime-data. That will save
me the chasing.

BTW, 2.3.2 is uploaded now.
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-mime-data/2.3/

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
underpants in a tumble dryer.