Re: KDE and Gnome

W liście z śro, 27-08-2003, godz. 10:29, Michele Campeotto pisze:
> Il mar, 2003-08-26 alle 18:34, Julien Olivier ha scritto:
> > We agree on this. I'd like to have a unified _look_ to fix the _look_
> > problem, which is a problem per se. Other problems will have their own
> > solutions. And I've never pretended that fixing the _look_ problem would
> > fix the _feel_ problem too. Just to make sure we understand each other.
>
>   Julien, the solution is there waiting for someone to code it:
>     1. Your mhytical shared "look" library.
>     2. A GTK engine that draws widgets calling liblook functions.
>     3. A QT scheme that draws widgets calling liblook functions.
>     4. Done.

And maybe we should consider another idea?

I wonder if something like this could be possible:

Define a standard based on HIG and other important documents, describing
abstract layout elements of interface and their preferred behaviors.

Standard describing global construction of interface elements.

Then define a list of available elements and properties for theme
creator to use.

Something like html (wigets) and css (properties) in html world.

Then define something like xml document based on standarized xmlschema
which will contain all these properties defined by theme creator.

And at last just create an application or set of scripts which could
parse this base specification and transform this in something usable for
QT GTK etc....

(I don't know how theme for QT is defined but in GTK world it could be
just a sort of gtkrc generator.
And for graphis (in svg format) or other formats it could just contain
xlinks to resources.

Just an another idea...

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>
e-dev studio - http://www.e-dev.pl