Re: ggv string freeze breakage

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 14:58, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 08:05, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:08, Christian Rose wrote:
> > > There has been an unannounced string freeze breakage in the ggv HEAD
> > > branch.
> > mea maxima culpa: I thought I have branched ggv first. this breaks
> > all the *freezes, not just the string one, though.
> >
> > what should we do about it? the patch works well, so afaic it can
> > stay in. it is easy to revert it though if others disagree.
>
> I'd say put it on the branch and revert it. I know it's probably pretty
> straightforward, but letting things break freeze is a slippery slope I'd
> rather avoid as much as possible. Thanks for being cool with it, Jaka-
> looking forward to ggv 2.6 :)
instead, I have created branch gnome-2-4 from the version just before
my commit: this branch should be used to retrieve sources for the
2.4 release without the recent files feature!

I have also sent off a patch for jhbuild to build from that very branch.

Is there anything apart from this mail I need to do in order to let
the release team and the translators know about it?

regards,
	jaKa

--

email: jaka gnu org