RE: 2 little politically charged characters

> From: Sergey V. Oudaltsov [mailto:sergey oudaltsov clients ie]
> Currently
> I am stuck with the problem WHICH 2 letters gswitchit should
> show. First
> I thought about 2 capitalized letters of the country code (ISO
> standard). But this would not be politically correct for, say, Indian
> states (like Bengali). Then I thought about the 2-letter
> language code.
> This is a bit better - but some layouts are still
> undistinguisable (like
> us,en_US,us_intl,gb).

What letters does Windows show?

> So I am a bit stuck at this point. Technically, I see no problem with
> any solution - but I just don't want to miss. This will go not into
> gswitchit but into XFree (through xfree86.xml) - so this should be
> well-thought solution.

This is new to me. Could you explain what xfree86.xml is, and why gswitchit
stuff will go into XFree? I guess you just want to standardize stuff and
make it reusable.

> Another relevant problem is the applet size. Since 2 letter
> strings can
> have different widths - the applet size will be changing with
> the layout
> changes. This is not a big trouble (the difference is usually a couple
> of pixels) - but still a bit of UI unpolishness. Actually, I noticed
> same thing in the clock applet - its size changes with the time:)

I doubt that that's a problem.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com