Re: [2.4 PDF Problems]

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 05:36:37PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Martin Kretzschmar <m_kretzschmar gmx net> writes:
> > Codewise that patch bumps the requirements from libgnomeprint 2.2 to
> > libgnomeprint 2.3.0 (needs new function introduced in February). It
> > wasn't clear to me yesterday that GNOME 2.4 might ship with
> > libgnomeprint 2.2.
>
> Gosh, this is a bit of a mess.  There's only been two releases of
> libgnomeprint since February, and neither of them appear to be based on
> HEAD.  As Frederic pointed out yesterday, I have no idea which one we're
> shipping for 2.4.  I can't say I'm happy at all with the thought of
> using 2.3.0 given that it hasn't even been released yet, though it looks
> like Ximian has a random 2.3.0 tarball that they got from somewhere.  I
> suppose it's gotten some testing through XD2 and jhbuild, but, um,
> what's the deal here?

There are definitely some fixes in HEAD that have not been released.
Sadly there are also some bugs, but its unclear if those are
regressions vs 2.2 or are just general borkage.

> Chema?  What are you planning?  We need to get an answer RSN.

I spoke to him on friday and he's hoping to get some time to do some
work this weekend.  If not, I'll release HEAD as 2.3.1 on Monday.