Re: /desktop/gnome/file_views/icon_theme

On 05/08/03 20:05, James Ogley wrote:

I'm not sure which bit of the code I should be looking at to see this,

can you help?

The reason I've been doing it with schemas is that's the way SuSE do it
with their stock packages, and I've been trying to match that as much as
possible.
There is a panel-default-setup.entries file that contains a group of settings that can be merged into the gconf database using gconftool. Rather than adding entries to the user's database, you want to add them to the defaults database (which you can get by running "gconftool-2 --get-default-source").

The command to load the settings would be something like this:
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --load=filename.entries

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/