gnopernicus [Was: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left]

<quote who="Calum Benson">

> On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 16:53, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
>
> >   gnopernicus - Some kind of accessibility infrastructure thing, I think.
> >   http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus.html
>
> It's a screenreader.  Which is built on "the accessibility
> infrastructure thing"  :)

I've just had a good play with gnopernicus and gnome-speech, and LORD DO
THEY ROCK when they're working together! However, I would love to pick
your/billh's brains about screen reading "bugs" (reading useless info), and
where they come from at some stage.

One big disadvantage to gnopernicus right now: The UI is very unGNOMEish.
This really ought to be resolved before it's added to the desktop release.
It's a big-arse design issue though, not just a 'simple matter of bugs'...

Thanks, this stuff is really cool when it's all going!

- Jeff

   On a clear day, I bet you can really see the class struggle from that
                            penthouse of yours.