[OT] Licence question
- From: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in>
- To: GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Devel <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: [OT] Licence question
- Date: 28 Apr 2003 16:13:24 +0530
Sorry for the cross-post - I'm not sure which list can give me the right
I have a licence question: can I read the source code of a GPL-ed
library to get implementation ideas while developing a competing LGPL-ed
library (without actually using the source code, of course) ?
Specifically, there is a QT scintilla wrapper
(http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/qscintilla/index.php) and I'm
planning to write a similar high level OO GTK+ wrapper around Scintilla
for anjuta/anjuta2 (or extending the current GtkScintilla2 wrapper if
that fits in).
Thanks in advance.
] [Thread Prev