Re: metacity and multiple monitors bug

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 10:28:16AM +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> Although GNOME and Gtk officially support multihead, multihead in GNOME
> hasn't had the testing it needs (especially for applications like the
> panel and metacity). GNOME 2.4 will hopefully address issues like
> this.

It's had quite a bit of testing, really. I always run multihead (real
multihead, not xinerama) for this reason. I also ran Xinerama for a
while.

This particular bug has been reported about 20 times, so that
indicates someone is testing it. ;-) I've known about it for a really
long time, it's just kinda hard to fix. Read the wm-spec-list threads
mentioned in the bug report.

Multihead really works pretty well these days, I rarely have a major
problem with it.

Havoc