Re: gnome-system-tools [Was: Proposed Modules List Update]

Hi Jeff!

El jue, 24-04-2003 a las 21:50, Jeff Waugh escribió:
> <quote who="Carlos Garnacho">
>
> > please consider that the tools are now under volunteers'
> > development, this involves several things:
> >
> > 1) They are still in a pre1.0 state
> > 2) There is a lack of time and resources
>
> It sounds like these are pretty fundamental issues that will probably keep
> gnome-system-tools out of range for 2.4. Is that a fair analysis? Seems we
> need to help you find more hackers, especially for the backends too!

I don't think so, in the weird dotplan I have in my mind (I hope not to
be very optimist) the GST 1.0 should be released before gnome 2.4, in
fact, IMHO most of the things in the "todo" list are enhacements and
porting to other distros, when I said "lack of time and resources" I
meant:

1) that nowadays we are three volunteers hacking in gst, and that's not
the same than a team of full time paid ximian developers, so the
development is slower (anyways, we are managing)

2) There are some commercial unices that we cannot afford, so the
planned supported distros list is tragically limited to the most used
linux distros and FreeBSD

anyways, any help is welcome :-P

     Regards