Legacy apps and themes

Hi,

I've been a long-time fan of grdb, so my xemacs matches my GTK+ theme
(albeit gtk1).  However, with X4.3, grdb crashes :(

So last night I got the source of grdb out, and did a quick port to GTK+
2.  Obviously I can't get the XLFD names from the GTK+ theme any more,
so I set a sane default and use a GConf key.  I still need to do a nice
UI for all this, but should all this be in gnome-control-center?

If the core "read the theme and set X resources" code were in the
settings daemon, everyone would at least have nice coloured legacy apps,
and by setting the gconf key either manually or with a UI[1] matching
fonts too.

Comments?
Ross

[1] /me waits for No More Prefs! from Havoc
                                      jabber: ross jabber debian net
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./