Re: Bug in gnome-common package

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:24:42PM +1200, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 14:06, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 03:31, Andres Moya wrote:
> > > I've found a couple of bugs in gnome-common (in gnome-autogen.sh
> > > script). But I don't find this package in bugzilla.gnome.org.
> > >
> > > Would be ok if I post them here?
> >
> > It would be best to file it in bugzilla. I think gnome-core is the best
> > package against which to file.
>
> 	Umm, not gnome-core anyway. Sounds like we need a gnome-common product.
> But then we'd some willing maintainer ... I don't know whether or not
> James would class himself as willing or not ... :-)

Without wishing to put words into James' mouth, every time he and I have
discussed this module he keeps saying things like "gnome-common must
die". Sounds like ideal maintainer material to me. :-)

To solve the problem that exists right now (no bugzilla component), I
have created a gnome-common product and put myself in as the maintainer
for the "general" component.

Important: this DOES NOT make me the gnome-common maintainer! It just
makes me the person who will read the bugs and try to fix them. They are
few and far between, so this shouldn't be too onerous. (Bugzilla needs
an improvement: some way to configure a component to accept no bug
reports without a patch.)

Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.