Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Sander Vesik wrote:

> gtk(mm)? There isn't really a reason for mozilla dropping xul

It's slow, doesn't share any code at all with the other software on my
ssytem, as such doesn't integrate AT ALL with the rest of my system, or
with ANY system at all for that matter, (and yes I've tried using the
GTK+ look, it didn't work), GTK+ can do all the things it can and is
just as cross-platofrm as XUL (except maybe for the MAC, but people are
allready porting GTK+ 1.2 to it, and I figure porting GDK to the mac
wouldn't be a huge problem).
Can you name one application except mozilla that uses XUL and is fre-
quently used? By more than a dozen users that is. And can you name one
such app outside the mozilla project?

And what about accessibility?

Personnally, I can see a lot of good reasons why NOT to use XUL. (Thou I
must admit that I haven't used it to program yet).

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny