Re: Multiple instances of applets

Hi Loban,

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 07:25, Loban A Rahman wrote:
> Should all applets be required to allow multiple instances by the same
> user?
	Yes.

> Or can I force only one instance of a particular applet to be
> alive at one time?

	Its not currently possible but I'm thinking of implementing a .server
file flag that indicates that there should only be a single instance of
an applet per-screen. When there is one instance of the applet on that
screen, that applet wouldn't be in the menu anymore.

	It would be useful for the notification area ... I'm not sure what
happens when you add a new notification area applet ... but I think
it'll be fairly broken.

	What use are you thinking of for it ?

Good Luck,
Mark.