Re: libgnomeprint .so versioning
- From: Chema Celorio <chema ximian com>
- To: Jean Bréfort <jean brefort ac-dijon fr>
- Cc: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, gnome-print-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: libgnomeprint .so versioning
- Date: 03 Apr 2003 08:25:01 -0600
On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 02:58, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> Chema Celorio wrote:
> >On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 16:31, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> >>- Given that the api will change in 2.4 as things like cmd line
> >> handling and pango support improve. I don't see alot of options
> >> other than (B)
> >You mean the API will get extended. Right? The API will not change from
> >2.2 to 2.4.
> Do you mean that Pango support will not be implemented in 2.4? What are
> your intentions about that?
It will be, the API will be extended but the 2.2 API will not change. We
will keep API and ABI compatiblity, that does not mean that we will not
add new entry points.
> I hoped I'll could use something as a gnome_print_pangolayout function
> both for GChemPaint and Guppi. Should I change my mind?
> Best regards,
> Jean Bréfort
] [Thread Prev