Re: making FAM a required dependency
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: gnome-vfs-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: making FAM a required dependency
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:57:19 +1000
<quote who="James Willcox">
> I see at least 2 ways to fix this problem.
> 1) Make FAM a required dependency for gnome-vfs
> 2) Implement a fallback monitoring impl. in gnome-vfs when FAM isn't
> available. (only for local files)
3) dnotify (and other OS-specific notification schemes) support in the
to-be-written gnome-vfs daemon, or just add dnotify support to gnome-vfs
without the daemon (which might suck).
Do we really need FAM?
"No shit, sherlock holmes com " - Mr. Bad
] [Thread Prev