Re: REMINDER: GEP-2 discussion end date

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> said:

> Oops, I forgot that this is a requirements GEP. You're right.
>
> So I have to say it, we're missing this requirement:
>
>  - the dialog itself has to be simple, clean, and usable.
>
> Havoc

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread or not, but I think
this issue may be a rare case where accessibility requirements contradict with
general usability. I for one do not want to see a melding of all "appearance"
related capplets (ie. font, theme, background etc.). However for users with
accessibility concerns having all the "look and feel" options in one
convenient place is probably a requirement. So I'm wondering if a compromise
can be met. What I'm thinking is that we keep the current capplets but add an
additional appearance capplet to the accessibility preferences menus which
provides all of these options in a way that meets the requirements of users
for whom accessibility is an issue. Thoughts?

dave