Re: OT - where is vte cvs

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 02:17, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:10:36AM +0100, mike wrote:
> > Just tried to check out vte cvs and got module not found
> > Did co -c and yes no vte, but it appears on bonzai
>
> That is because 'cvs co -c' does not do what you think it does. That
> command checks out a copy of CVSROOT/modules and presents it in sorted
> order. It is _not_ a list of all modules in the CVS repository.
>
> Just check out the vte module as normal and it will be fine. It just
> does not have an entry in the modules file (which is not required,
> although it does tend to be "traditional" for GNOME's CVS).
>
> Malcolm

Well this is what I use (standard script - modified per module)

export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome'
cvs login
cvs -z3 checkout vte

which results in

cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: no repository

any ideas?