Re: metacity, vte

<quote who="Sander Vesik">

> > I would maintain that if you are an advanced enough user to configure
> > and use Sawfish, even tho it will not be integrated into GNOME the way
> > Metacity should (and hopefully will) be, you are also advanced enough to
> > change your WM without using a capplet.
>
> Of course, if you count the number of people asking on the gnome lists and
> irc on how to change the window manager (and getting the usual answer
> involving kill, set, start ...) you will realise that this is just plain
> wrong.

Logging onto IRC or posting to GNOME mailing lists automatically brands
users as "technically interested", if not "advanced" in my mind. It seems
reasonable to assess their needs as part of a small percentage of our target
market (in terms of usability and care-factor).

KDE have a --windowmanager switch to startkde, we could do something as
simple as that. Most of this conversation is moot anyway, as c-c CVS has a
switcher -> unless anyone thinks it's worth removing.

- Jeff

--
    You know a French woman is faking it when she screams, "I would like
                     the table near the window please!"