Re: metacity, vte

We need to sort out metacity and vte soon.
What are people thinking on these topics?

Oh well!
There are many patches that are still in bugzilla.gnome.org.

Well, that's not going to all be sorted out before we need to decide
these issues for GNOME 2.2. We need to decide this month or continue with libzvt/sawfish by default until 2.4.
Mmmh, IMHO metacity is good enough to replace sawfish.
I ever used it, since GNOME 2.0 Beta3 if I remember well.
Metacity has all the basic features that a WM need and it is integrated with GTK (I mean the theming) better than sawfish.

I can't talk much about vte because I have tryied it for the first time Friday at work (on a RH7.3 system with Ximian snaps) and I haven't played much yet. As far is a played with vte I can say that its AA fonts don't seem to be ugly as dobey said. Anyway I agree with a possibile option (a GConf key) to disable the AA fonts for the vte widget.
--
Creatore di Rolling GNU/Linux
Esperto universale di cazzeggio