Re: launch feedback status update
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: launch feedback status update
- Date: 21 Sep 2002 17:57:06 -0400
Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr> writes:
> There isn't much to figure out. xalf already does it.
In my experience xalf is not robust, and it would not support things
like launching an app on workspace 3 and having it come up there. As I
asked, try to write down exactly how it works and how it would provide
the various features mentioned in my spec and for KStartupInfo. Post
that writeup and there's something to discuss.
I also don't think we can change XMapWindow() and other X calls to
have side effects, it breaks the API stability of Xlib.
] [Thread Prev