Re: very rough pre-gep tentative new modules list

Hey,

> I think it's an important goal for the community to make a lot of these
> kinds of decisions (and concessions!) before the distributors have to.
> Participating in that process will raise everyone's boats, and hopefully
> keep everyone on the same page.

Absolutely, that would be ideal....but this is certainly not what [to my
mind anyway] the GEP is currently doing. Companies have often funny
ideas/requirements - I know Sun really cares about having solid
interfaces [1]. By that I mean -

	configuration/data file locations
	configuration/data file formats
	api
	UI

ie. compatibility, consitancy, yadda yadda

Oh man, we *so* need a policy for some sort of common GNOME file
locations - etc/ and share/ are awash with inconsistancy :(

Without this form of discussion, as Jeff hinted, having a really unified
and consistant cross-distribution desktop could be problematic.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)

[1] and hopefully someone here can jump in and give a better explanation