Re: Beat me up if you must but I have to know. Gnome 2.0.2 question

Johnathan Bailes <johnathan bailes esi baesystems com> writes:
> How can I turn off the distribution menu and the kde menu in gnome 2.0?
>
> I know how to add submenus through the applications.vfolder-info file.
> And how to add entries in my .gnome2/vfolders/applications dir and
> such.  However, there do not appear to be any gnome-vfs vfolder
> controlling entries for the kde and distro menus.
>
> I looked through the source for gnome-panel but really did not see the
> configuration option to be set or anything in the gconf-editor.
>
> Please help.

There is an option in gconf-editor I think (at least for the menu
applets - maybe not for the menu panel). However some dork stored a
bitfield in gconf as an integer, which means it is extremely painful
to modify this option.

This brings up a good point though - distribution/KDE menu should die
anyway, because you can merge in the distribution or KDE menus in your
vfolder files if you want to, so there's no point having a separate
submenu for them. No sane end-user setup would have a separate submenu
for "distribution" or "KDE"

Havoc