Re: gcalctool / gcal

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:09, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 08:49, Luis Villa wrote:
> >
> > It won't be a hidden feature- we won't ship two calculators, period.
> > Either gcalctool will be acceptable or it won't. :)
> >
> > Luis
>
> I haven't really played with it, but from looking at screenshots it
> doesn't look very gnomish at all. Does this app meet our needs for
> accessibility and usability. It at least appears from the screenshots
> that this app overides system themes for button colors. Can this app be
> made more gnomish within the 2.2 timescale, or is more reasonable to
> give the author a list of requirement that need to be fixed for possible
> inclusion in 2.4.

<flame>
Did you read the original email at all Dave? Please do. Thanks.

Now that you've read it, in case it was clear, let me emphasize:

[I'd like to propose these components] presuming that by the appropriate
freezes they've made appropriate progress towards the goals and
standards agreed upon in that other gep[...]

I realize that this was perhaps a bit unclear to those not paying very
solid attention to this list, but that gep is the standards email that I
sent a couple weeks ago. We will not include apps that don't meet those
standards. I would have thought this was incredibly clear, but perhaps
not. Hope it is now.
</flame>

Luis