Re: Adventures in GNOME... X Terminals A-Go-Go!
- From: "Dmitry G. Mastrukov" =?koi8-r?q?=E4=CD=C9=D4=D2=C9=CA_?==?koi8-r?q?=E7=C5=CE=CE=C1=C4=D8=C5=D7=C9=DE_?==?koi8-r?q?=ED=C1=D3=D4=D2=C0=CB=CF=D7?= <dmitry taurussoft org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Adventures in GNOME... X Terminals A-Go-Go!
- Date: 04 Sep 2002 01:56:45 +0400
В Втр, 03.09.2002, в 17:19, Jeff Waugh написал:
> <quote who="Dmitry G. Mastrukov ??????? ??????????? ?????????">
> > I haven't expirienced all your troubles at all! Antialiasing, Nau,
> > gradient background with transparent picture above it, menu icons - all
> > work very quick.
> Note that most of my points are just suggestions for better performance. The
> only really significant issue is the canvas.
Such better perfomance makes totally useless the idea of terminal. Why I
need terminal without AA, without icons, without nice background?
I repeat - I think you have some configuration problem. I read one
mailing list about ltsp terminal solution. Nobody has problems with
client-side rendering. Guys happy run X-terminals on 386 with 16 Mb and
have feeling of work on power workstation. Power server with big RAM is
the key to comfort work. Seems X protocol (and all network stuff) makes
far less overload in comfort work problem than server issue.
] [Thread Prev