Re: chopping and changing ...

<quote who="John Fleck">

> >   - For each release process in which GNOME Desktop module changes are
> >   proposed, a single, extended GEP will document the decisions and
> >   discussions regarding the entire release module list. It will be named
> >   after the release, eg. "GEP X: GNOME 2.2 Desktop Modules".
>
> Is it reasonable to think,given the way release preparations are such an
> ongoing, tortured process, that there will be a single time T relatively
> early in the process when such a document could be written and discussed
> intelligently, rather than a need for a series of decisions as the process
> proceeds? Heavens knows I don't want to argue for making this process more
> time-consuming, I just wonder whether Jeff's one-step process is possible.

That's why I've proposed a "single, extended" GEP, because it would
presumably continue for the duration of the release process. For instance,
the release team may wish to drop a module for the upcoming release (as we
did with metatheme), and the GEP would have to be modified.

- Jeff

--
             It's not just a song! It's a document of my life!