Re: Community / distributors and release specs [Was: Queries about release specifications]

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 15:21, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> If we formalise the community process, it puts new expectations on
> distributors.

	It all comes down to what is Gnome - and that's the board's job in
theory ;-) If it should ever come to us saying 'This is the minimum set
of requirements that makes allows the use of the Gnome mark' [ perhaps
panel, nautilus ] - I would want to be very sure, that we had not added
a load of apps [ in the name of integration ] into the 'core' that are
un-maintainable.

> Critical question: Are we (GNOME) shipping a finished product, or are we
> shipping tarballs? What do distributors want from this process?

	Tarballs ?

	Regards,

		Michael.