Re: Community / distributors and release specs [Was: Queries about release specifications]

Hi Jody,

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 15:48, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 12:21:12AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >     c) Non-bureaucratic discussion on desktop-devel-list and casual
> >     concensus.
> Exactly.  Possibly via a GEP.

	Great :-) my hobby-horse has come home. :-)

> I'm not opposed to using a GEP to decide additions to the core.
> However, I am deathly afraid of layering on piles of rules.  The
> majority of this community contributes becuase it is fun.  Guard
> that enjoyment zealously or we'll lose new or even existing people.

	Ah ;-) fair enough - it was really just a throwaway comment about the
code quality being interesting. I imagine any-time this comes up [ does
this need to happen soon ? ], the GEP will include such a divers set of
interested parties - that we'll soon see what requirements people want
to apply to it's inclusion and get a good idea of what's going on.

	So I think, tentatively that we agree really, which is a shame - since
I was just cranking the word factory into top gear.

	Regards,

		Michael.