Re: GEP-4 : Versioning and branching rules proposal

<quote who="James Henstridge">

> >I do think we should be doing them, but I hope I was just unlucky
> >with my experiences.
>
> This is mostly because diff doesn't work with binary files.  Maybe it
> would be worth providing xdeltas instead?

diffs are easier to grok though, for most people. The only reason why there
may not be diffs with the current ftp site is that you have to specify --old
<package-filename> for install-module to create the diff.

See /usr/local/bin/install-module for the diff-making stuff.

- Jeff

--
   "Debian is not as minor as many business end people think." - Alan Cox