Re: libsn

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Havoc Pennington"/>
>
> > For startup notification I have "libsn" which is about 1000 lines of code
> > compiling to about a 20K binary on Linux/Intel.
> >
> > It will be used by libwnck and metacity. It lives on cvs.freedesktop.org
> > and has no dependencies other than Xlib.
> >
> > I think we should just install it instead of cut-and-paste. Not as a
> > platform lib, of course. Opinions?
>
> Couldn't we just fold it in to libwnck for GNOME, or do you think everyone
> will be using it as a shared library?

No, it should be very definately not part of libwnck so that all and any
apps needing to use it can just use it and won't need to carry their own
copy. Everybody staticly linking to small useful codebases (exap is
another example) is ultimately a bad idea.

> (btw, release-team gnome org)
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
>     "I'm taking no part in your merry 5-way clusterfuck - sort that mess
>                  out between yourselves." - Alexander Viro

	Sander

	There are voices in the street,
	And the sound of running feet,
	And they whisper the word --