Re: Keyboard shortcuts for launching applications

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:40:28PM -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> 1. XF86WWW

I kept looking at this thinking, "What the ...?"
I presume this is XF86's way of handling those special buttons on some
keyboards. If so, I agree.

> 2. don't know
> 3. XF86Memo
> 4. don't know
> 5. don't know either (Control+F1 maybe?)

Control+F1 is taken for toggling tooltips mode. F1 alone is app help.
Shift+F1 should be context-sensitive help; though I don't think I've
seen that in GNOME.

Alt+F1 would probaly be OK. I wonder if that conflicts with the convention
of Alt+Fn being a window operation - like Alt+F4=Close and Alt+F10=Maximize.

Meta Super Hyper? I don't even want to think about it now.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan