Re: nautilus limits ?

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Hi all,
> After lots of CDROM spinning, nautilus gave me a warning that
> /mnt/cdrom contains too many files for nautilus to handle.
> The cdrom in question contains about 4500 .jpg's.  I'm curious - what is
> the limit for nautilus to handle and what exactly is the limiting factor ?

At the moment it's just a hard coded limit. It was once introduced to
avoid nautilus becomming huge and slow when reading e.g. /dev. Since we're
better these days maybe we should up bump this limit to 10000 or so.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American playboy librarian who must take medication to keep him
sane. She's a mentally unstable gold-digging snake charmer who don't take no
shit from nobody. They fight crime!