Re: new vfolder questions

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 19:55, mike wrote:
> I did some investigation of this in terms of configuration issues, the
> other night
>
> The idea seems to be that the preferences,system, and server files map
> to sub-uris and are hard-linked to specific directories, which seems a
> little wierd

Err, I can't parse this, but needless to say they are vfolders, so the
contents come from many different places.

> Also It does not seem possible to nest any other preferences inside the
> prefences-all-users vfolder

What problem are you having?  Keep in mind that you can only create
.desktop files in vfolders (though this will change in vfs HEAD very
soon).

> I was looking at getting all the prefences uner the same menu and sort
> of managed by copying the contents of prefernces-all-users into
> applications-all-users, but prefences still appears as a main menu item.

This shouldn't be necessary.  Why couldn't you just cut & paste the
files how you wanted them inside preferences-all-users?

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.