Re: REMINDER: GEP-2 discussion end date

(I said, referring to XP):

>> The UI in the 'Accessibility' dialog duplicates that of the 'Theme'
>> dialog, and once you've selected an "accessibility" theme (all of them
>> are , wrongly, called "high-contrast" in XP) you can then use it in the
>> XP "Theme" dialog.
>>
>> In XP the two UIs are identical, and offer the same functionality,
>> except that the accessibility themes are not exposed to the user in the
>> "Theme" dialog until they are selected and saved.
>>
>> Two identical UIs that do the same thing are always a bad idea.  As I
>> said the only difference is the fact that the "Theme" one hides some of
>> the available themes from users.
>
>I claim that the difference in opinion between you and I stems *exactly*
>from the fact that my design addresses what I believe is the best theme
>interface (which I claim does not include things like font, and perhaps
>background) and yours tries to address changing accesibility settings
>(which include things like font size, etc). So I completely disagree
>with the notion that we're looking at two identical interfaces.

Please note that when I say "identical" interfaces, I am referring to the
two interfaces provided currently with XP, not any proposed GNOME
UIs.  The XP Theme UI and the XP 'high contrast settings' UI are
functionally and visually nearly identical.

- Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit