UI Review Suggestions - Gnome Menu - Multimedia

Thanks Eugene for the clarification,
posting comment about Mulitmedia to the list as suggested (see below)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:15:43 -0000

I think it would be a good idea to make your point about multimedia to the
list.

All the best,
Eugene

>Dont know if i mentioned this but i think as Gnome becomes a multimedia
>desktop some people will have far too much stuff (example removed for
>brevity*) to have a combined menu

>item for Sound and Video, I would probably end up with something like
>this:
>Multimedia/Sound/
>Multimedia/Video/

Why bother with Multimedia?  Why not instead just have
Video/
Sound/
Well i think that would be too cluttered unless you are someone who uses
these things most of your time at the computer, but i think having a
Multimedia menu and then subdividing it is the best answer for the most
people.  (i did not much like the word 'multimedia' but it is
better now as a result of years of common
usage).

>Sincerely
>Alan Horkan.

* not hard to to think of several multimedia applications that a user might want
that fill various different litte niches, really must give FilmGimp a
try...