Re: How to Click using Keyboard in Genome

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 06:28:14PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2002, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
>
> > Date: 24 Nov 2002 17:53:18 +0200
> > From: Aschwin van der Woude <aschwin van der woude creanor com>
> > To: textshell neutronstar dyndns org
> > Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> > Subject: Re: How to Click using Keyboard in Genome
> >
> > > I think this isn't quite RTFM(is this nicely documented anywhere?).
> >
> > In fact it is nicely documented in the recently released GNOME2 Desktop
> > Accessibility Guide
> >
> > http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.0/

Good to know that this is documented. (But I disagree with 1. that document in
*not* only useful to "GNOME2 Desktop users with disabilities" is useful to a
much wider audience!)

> specifically:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.0/#gag-keyboard-pref
>

> Numeric Keypad Keys Action
> 1 - 4 and 6 - 9 Moves the mouse pointer around the screen.
> 5 Mouse button single-click and select.
> 0 Mouse button click and hold.
Yes this key is also labled with 'ins' (einfg on german keyboards)

> + (plus) Mouse button release (After 0 is pressed).
true

> No mention of
> > "ins" and "del" are used for drag and drop.
> which stikes me as bizzarre to use delete for anything but deletion
> and would be quite awkward on a crappy laptop numpad.

For "ins" see above, but "del" or "." ("," on german keyboards) has the same
effect as "+" with XFree 4.x so that one is missing from the documantion.
And for unsing "del" it's just the key next to "ins" ;-) that might be the
explaination.

Could somebody add this the the access guide?